SOLVED Loading filament, I'm the only one having trouble?

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Stefan, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

I have some issues for one how or where do you hold when pressing down the filament lever thing which presses the filament against the Stepper gear?
    And it feels like my finger will brake because the spring is so strong and there is no lever to make it easier.... I think I will print one...
    Then there is the small hole to hit with the filament below the gear, I have really head time to get it in which add to the finger breaking feeling.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. Paul Seccombe

Paul Seccombe Well-Known Member

You're not the only one, it certainly isn't the best arrangement but you do get better at doing it. Hopefully the new Titan design will be better or as you say we can modify the existing arrangement to make it easier.

3. Kick2box

Kick2box Well-Known Member

It's like that! I for myself use the rod to put my finger against. But for me it's enough to insert the filament just a little bit and let the extruder push it into the little hole, working so far.

4. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

If you smoothen the end of the filament with a piece of sandpaper you will notice that the filament will go in much easier into the small hole.

Thomas and Alex Stevenson like this.