Looking for small volume, Volcano ready (or equipped) 3D printer

Discussion in 'Volcano' started by coreyfro, Feb 10, 2018.

1. coreyfro

coreyfro New Member

Hey all,

I am former employee of Type A Machines, Autodesk, and Techshop and I work in the American STEAM education sector (SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ART, AND MATH).

I am working with San Francisco Unified School District to introduce desktop manufacturing to 10,000 middle school students for our Solar Bear project.

This will require the printing about about 30,000 plastic parts.

I need printers which can produce numerous small volume prints, which is why I have come to E3D.

I am interested in finding 3D printers which are already equipped with print heads which either include the volcano or can easily be equipped with and deliver the requite power for the volcano.

Just looking for the least amount of work to get the highest volume of prints.

Thank you!

2. Clare - E3D

Clare - E3D Active Member
    Staff Member

Hi Corey
    E3D's probably the right place to be asking this ;) - we've a lot of printer manufacturers that use E3D hot ends now, so a little more about what you're after might help. Are you happy to do the upgrading to Volcano yourself? What volumes are you after for printers a- are you printing all 30,000 parts on one printer, 100 parts each on 300 printers.. you get the idea. Budget? There are a couple of good options but more detail would help :)