Looking for support plate for 300x300mm high temp heated bed.

Discussion in 'General' started by Morpheus9and20, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Morpheus9and20

I have a custom 3d printer that I'm looking to upgrade with the 300x300mm high temperature heated bed, but I need to figure out a way to mount it to my printer.

To give a little background. My printer is a custom design from a class I took that was originally a combination 3d printer/CNC router. As part of the CNC router design, the print bed is a glass plate on an MDF waste board. No heated bed. However, I don't use the router function and would much rather have a heated bed. Only problem is I can't find a support plate to use for the 300x300mm high temperature heated bed so I can mount it to my existing frame.

Has anyone else installed this heated bed and have any recommendations for a support plate or other mounting method?

2. Greg Holloway

Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

If the printer is a custom design you are unlikely to find an off-the-shelf solution to your problem.

You will probably have to design and then build the bed assembly components yourself.

Perhaps if there are some photos attached so we can see what it is you want to do, someone might be able to advise.

3. Morpheus9and20

Sorry, I probably should have thought to include pictures from the start.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C-B_7LEo7_HAhsjXipE5-4ZopoB5BnWN?usp=sharing
    Here are some pictures of my printer. I've already removed the waste board. Overall dimensions are around 20x20 inches.

If anyone has any recommendations, or if anyone has used this heated bed and come up with anything, I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

4. Greg Holloway

Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

I'd run some 20x20 aluminium extrusions between the two bottom extrusions and mount the bed to that.

5. Morpheus9and20

Okay, thanks for your help!