Low corner with ABL

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Kanedias, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Syko_Symatic

Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

You can get them from a German distributer. www.Filafarm.de that'd the only place I could find one. Quick delivery to the UK as well.

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah it is slow but considering with the new DuetWifi grid leveling I need to do this only once in a while and each spot is just 10-20mm away from the last the whole process takes a while and travel speed has not that much influence in it...

3. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

Aaaah, success

I marked the exact location of the sensor on the outside of its carriage and it turns out its reading right on the white grid lines. I made the following changes to Configuration.h and re-flashed

Code:
    #if ENABLED(AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID)

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 15       //Original Value 10
        #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 285   //Original Value 290
        #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 35 
        #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 190   
    And now my test disks are all equal. I mean, the Z gap is a bit too big now but its EQUALLY too big at each corner so that's easy fixed.

Strange that this was more effective than the black paper. Just goes to show you.

I also took the opportunity to change the speed the carriage moves during leveling as well which is a bonus.

The BLTouch is on its way anyway so I may* try it anyway. I'll do a few more tests and if it carries on I'll mark the thread solved. Thanks for the help everyone.

*probably wont, if it works best to leave it alone

#23 Kanedias, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  4. W1EBR.Gene

W1EBR.Gene Well-Known Member

Glad to see it is working well.
    Remember that hairspray or slurry or anything you apply to the bed can change the readings.

5. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

@Alex9779 Do you think you could put a small silicon piece to gently touch the pin, just enough force to keep it from rotating but not effect the leveling?

I am not exactly sure how the bltouch works, I haven't yet had the time to play with it, but a very small lateral force may keep the pin secure enough.

6. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Just beginning an exploration of ABL here with the original carriage mounted IR and the (black) PEI-coated bed. I'm assuming the bed will return more consistent results than the glass+grid. Will update. For fun - I've going from absolutely standard bang-up-to-date Marlin RC_BugFix and defining all changes using @tohara's plugin. So far, this has been interesting as there were far more variables than I knew about that were modified, but encouragingly, I haven't seen anything so far that would require anything other than defining enough variables. The beauty of the plugin is that I can (semi) instantly go back to the previous known working firmware. Will share the full variable set here if there's a desire for it when I get a successful print.

mike01hu likes this.