Marlin confusion and befuddlement.

Discussion in 'Titan' started by RichGMd61, Aug 9, 2016.

1. RichGMd61

RichGMd61 Member

Hi all, sorry for a strange first post.

I've recently changed the extruder on my printer from a wades to a titan, made all the changes to Marlin re: the steps/mm and max-temp settings as I've installed a PT100 sensor as well. At first the Arduino IDE bitched about missing files ie:U8glib.h that was all sorted when I included the necessary file, went to verify before upload and Arduino IDE is now bitching about the following and I can't find any reference on the inter-web. "cc1.exe: error: -fno-fat-lto-objects are supported only with linker plugin."

And not only that, I get an "ERR min-temp" in the display on my printer, which makes me think I've got my wiring crossed somewhere.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Rich

2. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

Have you had look here?
    https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=415459.0

RichGMd61 likes this.
  3. RichGMd61

RichGMd61 Member

Hi
    Many thanks for that, I've looked at the thread and done what they said and the IDE come back and said there was a problem with the 'SDbase.h' file off the top of my head it was something about this section.

/**
    * \struct fpos_t
    * \brief internal type for istream
    * do not use in user apps
    */
    struct fpos_t {
    /** stream position */
    uint32_t position;
    /** cluster for position */
    uint32_t cluster;
    fpos_t() : position(0), cluster(0) {}
    };

I've got another pc with the 1.6.7 IDE, compiled it and all was good, uploaded to my printer tested my hot-end temp sensor and its all tickety-boo, just need to tune the extruder motor as it was jerky not rotating properly, which tells me the driver needs tweaking a bit.

Again many thanks for pointing me in a direction that was helpful.

Rich

4. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

yeah you can do a global search and replace on the firmware and change fpos_t to filepos_t and you should be fine. Not sure why that name change works, but worked for me and filepos_t is what Marlin 1.1.0 RC7 has the struct named anyway.