Marlin confusion and befuddlement.

Discussion in 'Titan' started by RichGMd61, Aug 9, 2016.

  1. RichGMd61

    RichGMd61 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2016
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all, sorry for a strange first post.

    I've recently changed the extruder on my printer from a wades to a titan, made all the changes to Marlin re: the steps/mm and max-temp settings as I've installed a PT100 sensor as well. At first the Arduino IDE bitched about missing files ie:U8glib.h that was all sorted when I included the necessary file, went to verify before upload and Arduino IDE is now bitching about the following and I can't find any reference on the inter-web. "cc1.exe: error: -fno-fat-lto-objects are supported only with linker plugin."

    And not only that, I get an "ERR min-temp" in the display on my printer, which makes me think I've got my wiring crossed somewhere.

    Any guidance would be appreciated.

    Rich
     
  2. tohara

    tohara Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2015
    Messages:
    128
    Likes Received:
    59
    Have you had look here?
    https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=415459.0
     
    RichGMd61 likes this.
  3. RichGMd61

    RichGMd61 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2016
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi
    Many thanks for that, I've looked at the thread and done what they said and the IDE come back and said there was a problem with the 'SDbase.h' file off the top of my head it was something about this section.

    /**
    * \struct fpos_t
    * \brief internal type for istream
    * do not use in user apps
    */
    struct fpos_t {
    /** stream position */
    uint32_t position;
    /** cluster for position */
    uint32_t cluster;
    fpos_t() : position(0), cluster(0) {}
    };

    I've got another pc with the 1.6.7 IDE, compiled it and all was good, uploaded to my printer tested my hot-end temp sensor and its all tickety-boo, just need to tune the extruder motor as it was jerky not rotating properly, which tells me the driver needs tweaking a bit.

    Again many thanks for pointing me in a direction that was helpful.

    Rich
     
  4. danzca6

    danzca6 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2016
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    6
    yeah you can do a global search and replace on the firmware and change fpos_t to filepos_t and you should be fine. Not sure why that name change works, but worked for me and filepos_t is what Marlin 1.1.0 RC7 has the struct named anyway.
     

Share This Page