Marlin Firmware help

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Ualdayan, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Ualdayan

Ualdayan Member

Recently I started getting MAXTEMP errors randomly during prints - I made sure it wasn't the cooling fans, and eventually tracked it down to BOTH my PT100 sensors having flaky connections where they go into the metal cylinders. I ordered 2 replacements, but when I got them installed I continued to get MAXTEMP errors. Come to find out one of the sensors they sent me was a PT100, but the other one was one of these new thermistor cartridges. I contacted the seller, and they said they would ship me out a replacement PT100 this Monday, but it still didn't come in the mail today.

While I was waiting on that I thought maybe I could just download the Dual firmware, change the sensor type, move the plug over to T1 and get back to printing. I found the Dual firmware, changed the sensor type and flashed it. Quickly I found out I needed to do other changes to get it similar to the Alex Dual 1.0 firmware I was originally using (little things like the dial being way too sensitive, and going the wrong way I could get past, but things like it refusing to home I couldn't). I uncommented mesh bed leveling, then commented out auto bed leveling. Reflashed. Tried to home, still same result. It homes to X and Y, then the bed position gets set to 0 without moving up. If I home a 2nd time it does it again without the bed moving up. The bed can be moved down, but just won't go up. (Edit: If I go to level bed in menus, it will move up and let me go through the 9 points like it should, but then it goes to Z0, moves to the front, and slams the hotends into all the swiss clips along the front of the bed. If I move the bed down, then do homing the Z never comes back up - it just gets set at 0 wherever it happens to be.)

Did Alex ever put up uncompiled versions of his firmware? I have gotten used to how his work, and would prefer to just change the sensor type and pin to T1 and compile his. Failing that does anybody know another area I should be editing to make it home in the Z axis?

#1 Ualdayan, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  2. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Message Alex.

3. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Ualdayan and mike01hu like this.
  4. Ualdayan

Ualdayan Member

PsyVision likes this.
  5. RTBiscuit

RTBiscuit Well-Known Member

How did you fix the head homing issue, this is exactly what i am suffering at the moment?