Marlin settings for E3dV6 hotend?

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by greenalien, Jul 31, 2014.

1. greenalien

greenalien Member

Hi - just starting to configure Marlin for my printer - what are the recommended settings in Marlin for the E3Dv6 hotend and thermistor please?

2. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

Semitec 104GT2, typically thermistor 5, it says this right in E3D's assembly guide. Did you read it?

3. greenalien

greenalien Member

I was thinking more of the PID values, something to set as a starting point before running autotune - but if there aren't any 'official' figures then I'll start with the values from Tom's autotuning video guide.

4. tailgunner30uk

I understand that Marlin has default values for PID, and these will work fairly well, but since the hotend starts from cold when deriving the PID figures no others would be needed.

I have to admit though, I started with Repetier firmware on Arduino/Ramps 1.4 but have moved on to a Smoothieboard so things may be a little different.

Have fun...

5. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

PID is going to vary wildly from printer to printer. There is no one size fits all set of values, which is the point of autotuning.

6. greenalien

greenalien Member

Just for interest, my final settings from autotune came out at Kp - 36.27; Ki - 7.10; Kd - 46.36 , using Ramps 1.4 with Marlin.
    It would be interesting to see how this compares with the results that others have got.

7. elmoret

elmoret Administrator