Marlin3Dprinter Tool - BLTouch setup and testing

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Johnny Lindén, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Johnny Lindén

Johnny Lindén New Member

Now the Marlin3Dprinter video that cover the BLTouch is published. +Tony Gomes has done the narration.. Great work!!!

I start to like the BLTouch.. Its small, accurate and light,

I have used my BigBox printer to do the video. The BigBox uses a RUMBA board with PT100 apmlifier where BLTouch normaly is installed. The video covers how to move the BLTouch "servo" connection to another pin configuration.

Alex Stevenson likes this.
  2. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

Thanks for this.

3. Kanedias

Okaay, so its going to be few days before I can fit my bltouch. I've ordered some dupont* connectors and a couple of meters of ribbon cable.
    Is there an RC8 build for the BB Pro 1.0 and are there any issues with it?

*The hardest part to sourcing them was knowing the correct name. If anyone has a big table of images the common electronics connectors, JST, molex, Dupont, Mini-clamp etc with their proper names and part numbers that'd be great.

4. jfb

jfb Well-Known Member

I've never seen one, but I'd really like to :)
    This is the closest I've ever found http://tech.mattmillman.com/info/crimpconnectors/

5. Digi2life

Digi2life Active Member

@Johnny Lindén - Thanks for that!!!! I'm still trying to decide whether I'm happy enough with the optical sensor. I ran a repeatability test with the stock z probe on my PEI bed and was plenty satisfied with the results. I've sanded the surface with 800grit, though, so the surface is well hazed and not transparent anymore.

@Kanedias - I have RC8 Bugfix running (though I haven't printed anything since I upgraded). Check out this thread: https://forum.e3d-online.com/index.php?threads/bltouch-adapted-to-bigbox-dual-hybrid.2409/

@jfb - That's getting bookmarked. I'm a mechanical engineer and identifying different crimp connectors confuses the hell out of me!

6. Kanedias

I've the BLTouch installed and working, I think.

I installed RC8 and used Marlin3dPrinterTool to find and update all the bigbox specific settings. Or so I thought.

I'm getting a MAX TEMP error as soon as I try to print or PID tune.

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 20 is correct isn't it?

Anyone know what I've missed? Do I need to edit the pin_RUMBA.h?

#6 Kanedias, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  7. Kanedias

Yes, yes I do. PID tuning now.
    :D

Next problem: The temp is being read correctly but the heatbreak fan isn't coming on

Solved: EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN Pin needed to be set.

#7 Kanedias, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017