MAXTEMP BED

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Spoon Unit, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Seems to be almost repeatable. Attempt dual printing, stop print (as something inevitably goes wrong). Re-level, set up, Preheat PLA ALL and BAM - MAXTEMP BED. Any ideas? Is this just some firmware malarky?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Keep an eye on your temp graph. Either in octoprint or connected to a computer via USB. See what happens from there.

Might be something like a loose thermistor

3. Mike Oda

Mike Oda Member

I get the same thing... I can heat the bed normally and cycle it without much trouble but if I perform a preheat with both extruders and bed simultaneously then I can consistently (~50%) get a MAXTEMP BED error. It doesn't seem to matter if its PLA or ABS preheating but that I'm heating both hotends and the bed simultaneously. But if I don't immediately get an error things heat up fine. This sounds to me a bit like a firmware issue, I'm curious if other people are experiencing this.

4. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Mike, I do seem to recall having something like that when using the LCD. In the end, I just programmed them individually until I had Octoprint running, and then from there you can do with a single click.

5. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

At the very first tries with the LCD I had some strange issue using the preheat menus. I set to heat for PLA ext0 that was ok. Then for ext1, ext0 temp went down to some other value, select to preheat ext0 again, both went down to some other temp...
    I think that menus are a bit buggy, didn't check on RC4 so far.

For printing I am not using those menus at all.
    I try to make my gcode files as complete and fail safe as possible. I don't wanna rely on some manual procedure that I might forget do to or skip some steps.

Spoon Unit likes this.
  6. Mike Oda

Mike Oda Member

Ah... Thanks for clarifying. I definitely missed the discussion on the buggy menus for the LCD interface. I thought this could have also been due to some mistake I made in the wiring. It has been driving me batty. Thinking this was potentially my fault, I've been rewiring, rechecking my connections, and testing components (by buying extras) for the past week or two. Its good to know the BB is put together fine and I'm just experiencing a known bug.