SOLVED MINTEMP triggered when heating

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by mhe, Oct 13, 2016.

1. mhe

mhe Active Member

Hi,

after taking forever to finish my Bigbox Dual Non-Hybrid (work didn't leave much free time), I finally got it running yesterday. First print of a benchy went fine. Then I started to get Octoprint running, put a little wireless LAN stick onto it, modified it so I have a wireless network printer etc.

Weirdly enough, today I can't get the printer to heat up the first nozzle properly. When I give it the command to do so, regardless of which way I do it (LCD, serial connnection, Octoprint GUI) the temp starts to rise and somewhere between 60 and 110 degrees the whole thing stops with a MINTEMP error, serial connection drops etc.

Things I tried so far (none of which helped):
    1.) Update firmware to 1.1.0-RC6 with the hex file
    2.) Disconnect the Raspberry
    3.) Replace the PT100 amplifier board

Only thing I could possibly do now is replace the Rumba as I have a spare lying around but I am reluctant to do it because it will take some time again and I really don't have much free time left before my next work marathon.

Do I really have to replace the sensor? Because getting that thing out of that wiring will be a massive PITA, even moreso than the board.

2. mhe

mhe Active Member

So I found out I had a spare PT100 lying around, even one of the older versions that doesn't come with the disconnect plug at the end. Wired it up and let it hang around, testing and some prints went fine. So I'll have to get the cabling sorted (which is one of the most painful things regarding the BigBox to be honest). But I'll live. And grow my Benchy armada.

I would however appreciate a spare sensor if warranty still applies.

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice... But please contact support and see if they will get you a replacement...

4. mhe

mhe Active Member

Will do!