Misaligned Against Dump Bucket Hitting Rear Housing

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Ben Bajorek, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Ben Bajorek

Ben Bajorek Member

Just finish assembly, when running the calibration g code that came with the SD card my Dual Hybrid Titan's carriage is misaligned with the bucket and only one nozzle is crossing the wiper, the other misses. The carriage bumps against the rear housing and then extrudes. X/Y zeroing and bed leveling seem to be running correctly. Wrong firmware loaded at "factory"?

Also when trying to print Benchy from the SD card, nothing happens. Bed and hot end are at temp but printing never starts. I have tried to print with the Octopi USB connected and disconnected from the rumba, no effect.

I did get the stickers on pretty straight!

Ben

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

The movement is not firmware related, I think the code on your card is just not for the Hybrid.

The benchy may not print if you have RC3 because this version didn't print files starting with a number from SD.

I recommend verifying which firmware you have and update to the latest official one at first.
    Get it from https://github.com/BigBox3D/Marlin/releases
    Read http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/BigBox_Firmware_Flashing_Guide how to flash the firmware.
    But this won't fix files on the SD to work with the Hybrid...

Which slicer are you going to use? Did you purchase Simplify3D?

3. Ben Bajorek

Ben Bajorek Member

I have S3D 3.1. I loaded the Dual profile from their configuration assistant. But when I try to connect from my Mac's USB to the Rumba's USB port I keep getting a failed connection.

4. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

Which device are you selecting from the port drop down and have you set the baud rate correctly ?

5. Ben Bajorek

Ben Bajorek Member

I'm selecting the correct port, the usb modem port, I've tried all the baud rates. Blinking lights on the rumba when trying to connect.

6. Ben Bajorek

Ben Bajorek Member

Well I can connect the BB with S3D if I start S3D with the printer connected. If S3D is running already and I connect the USB cord up with the computer I'm unable to connect. So I'm now beginning to print, so far so good!