Misumi Bearings

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by PsyVision, Jun 30, 2016.

1. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi All,

I am looking for someone that is willing to order some of these and then ship them to me in the UK. Willing to pay all costs + some for your troubles up front.

I tried to create an account myself but no luck.

Thanks

2. Jasons_BigBox

Jasons_BigBox Well-Known Member

PsyVision, I've been trying too. I may have been successful, I'm not sure at the moment as I'm awaiting some further response.

Give me a few days to get confirmation.

Sorry I can't be more solid. I'll let you know.

3. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

That's okay. I don't get why they're so strict on it, seems stupid when people are trying to throw money at them.

4. JonGillam

JonGillam Active Member

Not sure if it'd be cost prohibitive or not but I could order them from Misumi with my account here in the US and then ship them to you guys? I paid $90 for 8 shipped to me. So probably another $20 added to then send them across the pond?

5. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

It's a pity E3D have not recognised the need and provided a source of the bushes through them.

6. Bluemalu

Bluemalu Well-Known Member

If you do order some, don't make the same mistake I made, order in multiples of 8!

Also, if you are getting an order together, I'd like to order a couple sets of all of the other bearings used as I've just changed out the Z axis bearing and rods and must say it's lovely and smooth, unfortunately, it's the X axis bearings that need changing. I must say though I'm not sure if it's an improvement for Z as my original ones weren't bad.

7. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

8. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes please! :D :D

I will PM you.

9. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

I can order from Misumi in the UK, but I don't have time to deal with a bunch of different shipments to individuals, so if someone wants to come up with a consolidated order from a group I am happy to place the order and ship everything to a single address, if that helps...

10. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

@PsyVision is out, I just placed the order... :)

11. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

So after experiencing a terrible clog (not sure what happened) that required major surgery and a torch to get it all freed up, I figured now was the time to do the hybrid upgrade and switch to the misumis I had ordered. First off they note that they are packed in anti-rust oil. Well I guess that is true, like three-mile island was a bit of a bother at the plant... Yes, they are dripping copiously with oil. I now have drips from where I unsuspectingly opened the first baggy with the bearing. OK, now warned, I opened them right into the basket of my ultrasound.

[​IMG]

And then into the aircraft grade parts cleaner for a 480 cleaning session. (and yes, damnit that is the wasteboard of my X-carve... I didn't have a plug over on my workbench that was free right now! Don't judge...)

[​IMG]

Then onto the lithium grease, and onto the rods... Somehow this seems so much easier than during the build... Although I dread putting on those front Y-axis bolts...

12. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

What is the Misumi part number for ordering?

13. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

LMUW8

14. Steven Burns

Steven Burns Well-Known Member

Thanks Alex.

For some reason when I manually entered the search criteria it kept coming up with an LMK bearing which looked off even though the dimensions appeared correct.

15. 3DogModeling

3DogModeling Active Member

so are you guys replacing the stock bearings with the Misumi Bearings? I'm just assembling my BB v1.1 and the bearings that came with it feel rough and they make way more noise that I would expect on the rods.

16. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

Many (and i) did

17. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

I did, and I have to say I didn't think it would make much of a difference. I can't say another set of high quality bearings wouldn't also have made a difference, but my Z movement became super smooth, and X and Y are so mcc quieter. It is quite noticeable on the print. It was a bit of a pain to correctly degrease and then grease them, but so worth it!

18. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

Defiantly worth the switch and the money. Specially on the Z axis.

19. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

I just ordered 8 Misumi LMUW8 bearings at https://reprapworld.com/. The bearings are not visible on their web shop but they can directly order them at Misumi for € 8,95 (ex VAT). Just mail them and wait :).

Jari likes this.
  20. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

be careful with RRW ... you order X, often you get Y. 8,95 is pretty expensive almost2x