More problems ! (VIDEO)please help (auto home motors)

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by James Peel, Dec 30, 2016.

1. James Peel

James Peel Well-Known Member

2. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

• Can you move the Y motor from the move axis menu at all?
    • When you run autohome is the motor _trying_ to move - if you put your hand on it can you feel any vibration or movement?
    • Try plugging your Y motor into the X driver and then moving X from the menu. If the Y motor moves then its possibly a dodgy driver. One of mine was iffy and E3D next day'd me a replacement which worked perfectly.
    • Have you adjusted the driver voltages yet? It could be getting too little current.

3. James Peel

James Peel Well-Known Member

Its as if the X axis is not moving in large enough encraments !

4. Kanedias

Kanedias Well-Known Member

Yeah, that looks like the issue I was having- check the voltages on the stepper drivers and if they're okay then swap the X and y drivers and retest. If the stickiness moves with the driver you know that's the problem. Email e3d and they should send a replacement.

In the meantime to let you progress you could steal a driver from one of your extruders

5. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

If you move the head around in the X and Y direction, with the machine off, using only your hand, how smooth is the movement? I'm wondering if you've got it fully trammed? You should be able to move it around with only minimal effort, and the light on the LCD may come on (even with the machine off)

If that's smooth, then double check you axis motor connections. Is it all movements; X, Y, and Z or can you narrow your focus to a single axis?

Have you tweaked the stepper voltages?