Mx size?

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by UlrichKliegis, Feb 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. UlrichKliegis

UlrichKliegis Well-Known Member

Not sure if the question is placed here correctly, but people will tell me. I am about to build a small supply of mechanical parts for the upcoming experiments and t(h)inkering with the BigBox. The designers have made heavy use of square nuts, which is fine.

What sizes are in use in the various parts of the BigBox? M3, M4 - most probably. But also M2, M2.5, M 3.5? Or even M5, M6?

I'd like to place a small bulk order at my preferred hardware shop.

Thanks, cheers,

Ulli

2. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Ulli, the complete parts list is available in the build instructions; all the bags are listed and their contents. I was looking at it last night to get the extra Octopi cables etc. What I need are the STL's for the camera box and accessories.
    Mike

3. UlrichKliegis

Thanks Mike. I'll look if I have the latest version of the instructions. There was a message some time ago where to find it...

Cheers,
    Ulli

4. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Ulrich - In the Pre-Build part of the manual, the first sentence on What's In The Box has a BOM.

Mike - If you are a backer then there is a Kickstarter update that contains a link to the STL files for the machine, the Pi parts are included with this.

5. UlrichKliegis

Got it, thanks.

Cheers,
    U.