COMPLETE My Build Advice

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Crashbombs, May 31, 2016.

1. Crashbombs

Crashbombs Well-Known Member

So I am about 80% done with my build, and it has been quiet enjoyable actually. I don't seem to be missing any parts, it turns on, nothing has broke or cracked yet. So, so far so good. I do have a few tips though and I didn't see a concise thread to post these in so I will put them here for now.

1. Don't over tighten things. This is a plastic printer most stuff only needs to be snug and putting the He-Man grip on stuff will probably break things.

2. Be meticulous and ask questions. I am generally pretty good at figuring stuff out, but I would probably be done by now if I had hopped on here and asked a simple question rather than stare at the issue for 10mins.

3. Don't be afraid to move on in the manual if something makes absolutely no sense. A lot of stuff regarding the Titan and Hybird carriage are not very well explained when you first encounter them, but later on are very well explained.

4. Set the nuts in the frame nut traps first then build the frame. I used a pair of channel locks to squish all the nuts into the traps, it only took about 30mins once I got a grove down and it made it so much easier.

5. Drill out stubborn holes. I did not have the proper drill bits to drill out any holes, so I had to strong arm a lot of them. This is definitely not the recommended approach.

6. Read everything and look at all the pictures. A lot of the pictures can be clicked on and blown up to super large high quality versions. With that said some of the pictures are completely useless because they are so close to the subject matter that you have no context of where a part should go. Refer to #2 in that case.

I swear I had a few more tips but I can't remember them at the moment. Have fun and happy building! I can't wait till I get to finish mine!

2. Chase.Wichert

Chase.Wichert Well-Known Member

I wonder if they have tightened the nut traps up so you don't have to glue them in anymore...

3. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

My nut traps didn't need gluing, just pushed the nuts in firmly and so far none have fallen out... *jinx*

4. Chase.Wichert

Chase.Wichert Well-Known Member

Awesome, it seems they may have fixed the mold of the nut traps to make them have a snug fit.

5. Crashbombs

Crashbombs Well-Known Member

Ya I realized that after I had posted that maybe they changed the mold. While I was building I had no idea why people were having so much trouble getting them to stay in, mine where super tight.

6. gearmesh

gearmesh Well-Known Member

My nut traps held in as well. I had only a single one not stay in. Which is amazing considering how many there are.

7. kevclarx

kevclarx Active Member

Yeah I was going to mention it, since the wiki and multiple threads mention glueing them. Mine were so tight I had some issues pressing them in(used a pair of pliers to pop them in), those suckers aren't going anywhere.

I think they must have tightened up a lot of the moldings because "just pull this m4 nut through" is nice in theory but almost impossible in practice in quite a few pieces.

I think I will take the OP's advice and move past the hybrid titan xcarriage clamp...there is a picture of what it should look like that is not the same as a piece I have...but looks similar enough that it probably is it with some extra protrusions...