SOLVED Need help adjusting endstops BB1.1 RC6 Titan Hybrid

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Jaysen DAYDREAMn, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Jaysen DAYDREAMn

Jaysen DAYDREAMn Well-Known Member

I have tried to follow the guide.

But it seems this is not clear to me. Can someone please help me?

I have replacef the screw on the x endstop with a shorter 20-25mm screw.

1. if i select prepare/auto home, the printer head moves and bounces off the end stops/

2. after auto home completes the print head DOES NOT go to home position on the bed. as shown in build guide video here..

3. this is what happens when I auto home...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn7rdj3s6v93bxr/2016-07-15 06.40.08.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngcx30qhtug6pkq/2016-07-15 06.40.17.mp4?dl=0

Please help.

Thank you!
    :)

2. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

For the hybrid you're supposed to use a 10mm screw for the X endstop instead of the originally specified length - check you have the right length? I have a hybrid and although it's a tight squeeze with the cabling the right nozzle can definitely reach zero.

Also depending on which firmware you've loaded the position after homing may vary. Alex's versions home X and Y first then move the head to 30,30 to make sure that the IR sensor is over the bed when homing Z. The video shows the 1.0 carriage.

However I'm confused by your video as the head never even gets near the X endstop. Have you checked by moving the head manually that the Y endstop switch is activated before the carriage hits the rod mounts? You should be able to hear it click down. If the switch is definitely closing but it's not registering you need to check the endstop wiring. It looks like your Y endstop is not triggering at all.

3. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

Also if the switch is actually clicking, are you sure it's correctly wired? That seems to be ignoring the microswitch.

A longer screw would actually cause the opposite problem if your switch was working, it would end up stopping not at 0,0 but at 40,40 or whatever as it would hit the stop before the thinner carriage had gotten to the edge.

4. Jaysen DAYDREAMn

Thanks guys, I will swap the screw with a 10mm and check the switches again with my meter. Will report back here with the results. :)

5. Jaysen DAYDREAMn

I tested the switches. They all work correctly. one of the connectors was a bit sloppy when i plugged it into the rumba. I fixed the connector to be sure there was not an issue with the connection.

Shorter screw also did the trick and everything works this morning as it should.

Moving on to next steps of commissioning. Thank you!

Sarah Nicholson likes this.