New e3d heater block?

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by Scott Cutright, May 8, 2016.

1. Scott Cutright

Hello all. I just ordered an e3d v6 Lite hot end kit from Filastruder, just went to start assembling it, and I can't figure out for the life of me how the thermistor mounts... The heater block isn't the typical e3d that in used to, I don't know if it was a manufacturing error, a mispackaged part, or just a new design? There is no little hole for the thermistor to fit in to, the hole that's normally threaded for the screw to hold it in place is smooth, and bored all the way through, and there's a small threaded hole that intersects said bore, that's right next to the nozzle... I'd call filastruder, but being Sunday, I figure they won't be open for business..

20160508_081748.jpg

2. Scott Cutright

Another photo.

20160508_081757.jpg

3. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

This looks like a block for a Pt100 temperature sensor and not a thermistor sensor. The big hole on the right in the last picture is for the Pt100 sensor.

4. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that E3D are changing their thermistors to a cartridge style like the PT100s so they can standardise on a single design of heater block. May be worth checking with filastruder, if you received the old style thermistor with it maybe you can get it swapped for one of the new cartridge ones?

5. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

6. Scott Cutright

Awesome, thanks for the replies. Good to know I'm not crazy... I'll call filastruder tomorrow to find out what's going on. Just wanted to make sure I'm not losing a day because I just couldn't figure it how to assemble it!

7. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

In general if you are ordering e.g. "Hotends metal Only" etc. check with support on what heater block you will receive !!!!!

8. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

This was just a simple mixup in the kitting/packing of the Lite6 with a PT100 block sent instead of the moral block. I have been in touch with Scott and the exchange is in progress.

E3D is moving to cartridge based thermistors, but the handful I have are for evaluation purposes only - not resale.