No filament coming out after some time

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by calad, Jul 21, 2015.

1. calad

calad Member

Hi.

My problem with e3d V6 that sometimes, randomly, during printing filament stops coming out. I cant figure out reason why this is happening but temperature seems to have something to do with it: on 230 degrees filament is more like to come out than lower temperatures. Problem is easy to notice because motor star to skip steps and I can hear it.

Extruder is not stuck: I can remove filament and after cutting head of filament away and reputting it back filament flows normally again. So nozzle is not unclean but something prevents it flowing out freely. Nozzle size is 0.4mm.

Previously I used J-head and Im using same PLA 3.00mm filaments so filament should not be an issue but something else.

Any ideas? I have been testing motors, steppe driver, hobbed bolt, crewing is tight and hotend is not too low. I have also disabled rectration. Is nozzle size too small, should I try bigger?

2. 3Dmaker4U

3Dmaker4U Member

It looks like there is some dirt of some kind in the nozzle that incidentally blocks the flow, partially or totally.
    Do this procedure (atomic pull) http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/10-the and the problem should disappear (if the cause was the above).