No Z-Offset in Control Menu

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Stefan, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm on set Power On and I do not have a Z Offset menu point in the Control menu.... What did I do wrong?
    Oh I have a BB Dual...

bye

2. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Dual doesn't set z-offset. Set the IR height using the belt as described, then carry out a Level Bed operation instead.

Mike Kelly likes this.
  3. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

OK thx... maybe a Wiki Note would be nice here.... ok Found it Dual Coming soon :( or is this only for Auto Leveling?

I started the Auto home, but the print head moved to 0/0 not to the middle like in the video and I powered off the BB about 2 mm before the bed hit the IR Sensor. So I assume the IR does not work.... how to test it?
    bye

4. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

Thats working as expected. Auto home goes to 0,0.

Did you level the sensor? If so run the bed level wizard option, it will move to 6 points on bed and ask you to adjust until it's almost touching nozzle (can you slide a piece of paper under but feel it catch a bit)

5. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Hi,
    No I did not yet level the sensor..... I would like to check if the IR sensor works before I crash into the bed.... like issues the M119 command So I now try to connect the the Rumba board by serial / USB.... I installed driver from http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/Rumba#Software_Resources Got a okish looking COM20. but wenn I try to connect with Printrun with any of the common Baud : 2400,9600,19200,38400,57600,115200,250000 rates I just get "invalid baud rate"
    and with Putty I get only ASCII garbage. Is there any secret for this Rumba boards? None of my Ramps or Sanguinololu made any problems.

bye

6. Pierce

Pierce Well-Known Member

It's 235000 or something like that.

Move the sensor so it's a few mm above your nozzle and then auto home z. It should stop 5mm away from sensor, then run test and you adjust the points and it should be all good without crashing into the bed. Have finger on power if you are worried of course!

7. 69charger

69charger Active Member

Yeah it's an odd number. I just changed it to 115200 in the firmware. So much easier.

8. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

235000 ..... where is this documented... I searched some time yesterday evening but found nothing :(
    But BIG THX!!!!1!!11 I will try it this evening.

9. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

It's 230400 and this can be seen in the OctoPrint section but probably should be added in the software section too.

Mike Kelly, Pierce and Stefan like this.
  10. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have contact :) wired number any reason why is is so strange?

Ok after removing the sensor I could see it was not correct wired.... :mad:
    now it is working and I have to find a way to install it again without disassemble the left hot end :(
    bye

#10 Stefan, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016