Nothing But Problems

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by chrs850, Jul 25, 2015.

1. chrs850

chrs850 Member

I finally splurged and got the E3d Volcano and got away from the cheap Chinese version. Ever since I have I can get a good print. First problem was filament not coming out correctly, prints were all over the place, couldn't get the settings right in my slicer (Cura and Slic3r). So I ordered the standard v6 heat block and went back to .4mm nozzle size. Still problem, now Im having problems with the filament jamming up in the hot end, I've tried 3 diff extruders, taken it apart multiple times to make sure there's not blockages or anything and still the same results. The filament starts popping (hobbed bolt slipping) so I pause the print take out the filament and there is a tiny blob about 1.85-1.95 diameter on the end, I cut it off, reinsert into the hot end and off she goes for about 4-10 more layers before it does it again. Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this. I put the Chinese hot end back on and Im printing fine so I know without a doubt its the hot end.

2. chrs850

chrs850 Member

Ive taken a video to show the issues Im having, I know for a fact it is the heat break/heatsink causing the problem, I took my Chinese heat sink and heat break and put it in the e3d heat block with knozzle and went through about 100 hours worth of prints without a single jam clog or failure. This Video was taken with the standard V6 heat block, but does the same thing with volcano on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBqOsK1BSdQ