Nothing Running From SD Card

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Syko_Symatic, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Syko_Symatic

Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

Hi guys please can someone help. I am trying to calibrate the e-steps or at least print something but nothing seems to run. All homing has worked fine. Z-Level is set and bed leveling has been done. However, when I run a program from the SD Card it just sits at the home point.[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have noticed that the IR Sensor is lit constantly when at home.

2. Chase.Wichert

Chase.Wichert Well-Known Member

Does the extruder_0 gcode, simply heat up the extruder? Have you tried to run the Benchy?

3. Syko_Symatic

Yeah I have tried benchy but exactly the same thing happens. I am following the build guide instructions but have just hit a brick wall with this one.

4. Chase.Wichert

Hmmm it's like it is waiting on something... What about trying your own print? I would imagine it would do the same thing. Also I believe the IR sensor would be red after it homes, Can you move the axes manually using the LCD?

5. Syko_Symatic

Yes, everything moves fine until I go to print. I agree, it is almost like it is waiting for the go signal but nothing comes! Arrggghhhh! Tearing my hair out!

6. Chase.Wichert

Does the extruder temperature fluctuate pretty wildly above and below, like go 3 degrees above, then 3 degrees below?

7. Syko_Symatic

Yes it does, about 5 either way

8. Chase.Wichert

That may be the problem, if it doesn't see a steady temperature, it won't start. However, I am not sure how to dial in the PID, I have read some people needing to do that.

9. Ric Klaren

Ric Klaren Member

Here's a short instruction on the PID tuning: http://reprap.org/wiki/PID_Tuning

The bed PID tuning is disabled in the firmware by default if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers,

Ric

10. Syko_Symatic

So I have dialed in the PID to hover at 1 deg below or blob on. Still nothing?! Any ideas how to get it to sit above the temp?

11. Chase.Wichert

Hmm.. we are venturing into where I have little knowledge.. I am not sure why it won't print, you could send greg a message on the forums and ask him, or if anyone else has an idea..?

12. Syko_Symatic

I have sent Greg a message. I might be able to give them a ring and annoy them personally tomorrow. This is killing me. It's bound to be something daft! Does anyone else out there have a solution?

13. Chase.Wichert

I'm waiting on a heated print bed that got stuck in transit due to weather, the frustration is real.

14. Syko_Symatic

I just can't believe that with minimal issues I have managed to get to this point. All the motion works perfectly but I can't get it to print. I just don't understand it. Waiting on the bed must be a pain but at least you will have all this bit to look forward to!

15. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

Can you paste the gcode here?

16. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

@Syko_Symatic Have you tried plugging the BB into a computer to see what S3D reports?

17. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

I'm sure you've done this already, but have you tried powering off and on? I have had a few weird thing and off,count to ten, on has resolved a few.

18. Syko_Symatic

@PsyVision I have the OctoPrint upgrade so technically can't connect directly and still have to finish setting it up.

@Spoon Unit Yes I have tried that one. A few times but just get the same result unfortunately.

@elmoret the GCode is the sample code from the supplied SD card, I have not modified it in any way.

19. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

The sample code has changed over time IIRC, can you post it here please?

20. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

Can you post a picture of the backside of the printhead ? Maybe the printcoolers are to far down, or the heaters / Pt100's are not positioned right. This could explain the big jumps in temperature.