Nothing Running From SD Card

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Syko_Symatic, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Syko_Symatic

Syko_Symatic Well-Known Member

As requested here is the front and back of the print head. The sample code is the latest downloaded from the link available on the wiki. I can add it but it will be a little later today.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I can't see it clearly, but are the Pt100 probes protruding here ? I have mine all the way in, and protruding at the backside for about 2 mm

[​IMG]

3. Syko_Symatic

They are level with the back of the heater block. Do you think this could be the source of all evil!? I can adjust their positioning at lunchtime today and see what happens. Does anything else look amiss?

4. Rob Heinzonly

Maybe you have to slide in your heaters a couple of mm also. It should look like this:
    [​IMG]

5. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Edit: Can see the photos now. They look okay to me. My heater cartridge probably isn't in much further. The block will be hot and Marlin is seeing it as hot and at temperature (as the LCD says).

You've got it to stay within 1-2 degrees now so it should be okay (PID).

@Syko_Symatic You can lift the electronics fan panel off and switch the USB cable there. Alternatively, if you did the configuration of OctoPrint you can then see/use the Terminal tab in OctoPrint to see what the printer is communicating whilst trying a print.

Syko_Symatic likes this.
  6. Syko_Symatic

I will complete the OctoPrint Setup this afternoon and see what it is reporting. I have intallled the SD card but I have to do the puTTy setup so it shouldn't take too long.

I will come back with my findings this afternoon. Thanks all so far!

7. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds good. When you've got OctoPrint connected, I would add a simple object .gcode to the print queue (use the Upload button, not Upload to SD) and print that. On the Terminal tab you should see the printer reporting the current bed / hot end temperature if required along with a w: ? parameter that will then go w: 9, w: 8, w: 7 and counts down. If it fails to reach 0 then it won't start the print, essentially because the temperature hasn't been reached and stabilised for 10 seconds.

Syko_Symatic likes this.
  8. Syko_Symatic

When you say stabilized are we looking at within a few degrees because is currently hovers (when set to 210) at 209-210.

9. PsyVision

PsyVision Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes. You should be fine with that!

Syko_Symatic likes this.
  10. Syko_Symatic

It's ALLLLIIIIVVE! Finished the OctoPrint Setup and it all kicked into life!?! First benchy popped off the bed but other than that it is working! Thanks for all your help guys, if only we knew what was actually causing it?

PsyVision likes this.
  11. Chase.Wichert

Chase.Wichert Well-Known Member

Well, I think the extruder programs only work if you preheat the nozzle, other than that, I don't know, just glad it's working!

12. Rob Heinzonly

OK. Congrats! :)

13. Syko_Symatic

Thanks guys, honestly it has been a great help having other float their ideas.

14. Greg_The_Maker

Greg_The_Maker Administrator
    Staff Member

If the LED on the IR sensor is always on it's probably plugged in incorrectly, that will also explain why it doesnt move as it thinks the endstop has tripped.

Can you post a photo of the wiring to the Rumba please.