OctoPrint Slicing Profile

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Jeremy Sabatini, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Jeremy Sabatini

Jeremy Sabatini Active Member

Hi All,
    When I import an STL file through Octoprint ask it to print or slice I get a pop up that asks me to

"Please configure which slicer and which slicing profile to use and name the GCode file to slice to below, or click "Cancel" if you do not wish to slice the file now."

slicer is Cura engine but I have no drop down for Slicing Profile, am I missing a plug in or ini file?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. Jeremy Sabatini

With some trial and error I solved it. The have slicing profiles I needed to download Cura, created and export the ini file and then import them into Octoprint.

Pierce likes this.
  3. Chase.Wichert

Chase.Wichert Well-Known Member

Are you doing this because you don't have Simplify3D? I am not familiar with Octoprint yet, so not exactly sure what you can do with it.

4. Jeremy Sabatini

Octoprint allows you to access your printer from other locations, it's cool and my first experience with it. The issue is it needed it's own slicing profiles.

5. Tetrikus

Tetrikus Well-Known Member

@Jeremy Sabatini What exactly does that mean? Where did you find the needed .ini file? Or how did you create one? What are the contents of the file? Thanks for your help.

6. Jeremy Sabatini

Hi Tertrikus I just say this post. I had to create it using Cura. It's not hard, you just have to put your specs in and then save / export and then upload it to octoprint. My octoprint is currently down, but I can help you as much as I can from memory / files I have. Let me know.

7. salomonderossi

salomonderossi New Member

@Jeremy Sabatini Wow. This is awesome. I also tried to create a cura profile for the BigBox but failed miserably. What version of cura are you using? And can you share your profile? This would help me a lot ;)

8. zauberertz

zauberertz Member

Here are mine, i have created tow profiles. The high one is 0.25 layer high and the fine one is 0.1 for everyday PLA ( ext0 200, bed 50)
    To create and test the profile a copy of cura 15.04 is helpful.

The high profile and works kind a well.

Attached Files: