OK - Thats weird ! Help

Discussion in 'Titan' started by Gaspode, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Gaspode

Gaspode Member

I've just fitted the (preassembled) Prusa i3 titan kit to my BQ Hephestos i3.

I've fitted it and belted it.

The ONLY motor i've touched is the extruder motor - but now my X Axis is reversed ??

Help!!!

Best

G

2. Gaspode

Gaspode Member

Thinking about it – I guess It’s as simple as the fact the carriage is now mounted on the front of the axis rods rather than behind – so my question becomes – how do I reverse the direction of the x axis motor simply and quickly ??

3. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Usually you just need to reverse the plug connected to the motherboard or on the motor if that is available.

4. jfb

jfb Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I did. I got the upgrade kit with motor and it ran backwards at first, so I just unplugged it from the RAMPS board and turned the plug the other way. Works perfectly.

mike01hu likes this.
  5. Gaspode

Gaspode Member

I was being dense. I worked it out later last night.

On the BQ Hephestos the X Carriage is mounted behind the rods rather than in front. Therefore monting the carriage in front results in reversed x axis.

When you go into the firmware there's an 'invert_xaxis' setting - which was set to true - I set it to false and bingo.

I haven't actually got to extuding yet lol

6. jfb

jfb Well-Known Member

:D I can only say it was worth it on my Prusa i3 - the quality of the prints I get has improved, and loading new filament is much nicer.

cez likes this.