Overextrusion E3D V6

Discussion in 'HotEnds & Extruders' started by Randall Black, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Randall Black

Randall Black Member

I have updated my printer to use a BBT SKR V1.4 Turbo as the Re-Arm/Ramps board died when the USB port died. (had a power surge). I have compiled and have things running well but for the extruder. I am using an E3D V6 (has copper block, titanium break. a .4mm no stick nozzle, use 1.75mm filament, Bowden setup with a Hemera and the Capricorn PTFE tube is about 26" long. I have done a PID and calibrated the Hemera (steps 403), Temp_Sensor for the E3D V6 is a 5 per Marlin. All the E3D parts are original E3D. I have tried printing at all temps (PLA) from 235-200 and I keep getting over extrusion while printing the first 4-5 layers (picture included). If I try to go below 200 the nozzle becomes blocked. I am not able to use retraction as after about 15-20 minutes of printing the nozzle will clog. I have replaced all wires, and components at least once with new items. I get the same results every time. Once in a while I will get a good print (1 out of 15-20 tries). Another cause for nozzle clog is if I try to print a layer height of less than .2mm. I even tried using my spare Titan Bowden set up with the same issues. I am totally at a loss on what to do. I am uploading an image of the overextrusion and a copy of my configration.h and configuration_adv.h.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Randall E. Black

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Randall Black

Randall Black Member

Problem solved I hope! I put in a new thermister and heating element and that seems to have cleared it up. While I was at it I changed the DuPont connecter for the board end thermister connection to a JST which gives a tighter fit. A light bump would seem to dislodge the DuPont. Now to work on retraction and speed. Thanks for the heads up Erik.

Randy