Parts Supply .... again ..........

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Keith, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Keith

Keith Member

Can anyone suggest a source for the fans, i.e. 40 x 40 blower style, 50 x 50 and 60 x 60. The other one isn't a problem ;

Suppliers preferably in UK but if no other option then international, Europe, US, Oz ..... noooooo!! too far :)

Thanks guys

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

The very small ones I only got from China directly via ebay...

3. Keith

Keith Member

It's not the smallest I need, I'm guessing you mean the 30 x 30, I have that one, it's the other three I need.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate your help :),

4. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

5. Keith

Keith Member

Well that's one of them, thank you Alex9779, you're a guddun.

Now then does anyone want to go shares on the job lot :) it's an auction for 10 and to be on the safe side I'll keep a couple of spares so there's 7 going gash, any callers ?

6. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Let me tell you about my batch of ten fans... 20% were loud as the PCB was not fixed tight. 20% lost their connectors, not a problem I cut them anyways and made my own...
    There are also auctions of others or less but the price then is higher. And the white have a plus over all the blacks I found and ordered: the soldering point of the cables to the PCB is not open but within the case. The cables go around two corners until they are soldered. On all the blacks they go straight to the PCB just through a small plastic holder. I have about 5 fans laying around here where the cables broke after some weeks just because of the movement of the cable while printing and resoldering them is a pain in the a**. Also sometimes the PCB gets damaged when doing so and then all is trash... That is much better with the white ones because the soldering point is not really holding the cables...

7. Keith

Keith Member

Seems reasonable, I forgot to account for the manufacturing quality given it's source ahem ..... I'll just buy a pack and keep them all. Thank you again .

8. Keith

Keith Member

Oooooo ........ E3D have got 'em back in stock, that's nice news :)

No they're not, got over excited about the 12v fans .... oh well .. back to searching

#8 Keith, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016