Pause Resume gcode

Discussion in 'Tool heads & ToolChanger' started by mak3r, Jan 15, 2021.

1. mak3r

mak3r Member

I'd like to be able to pause a print and then have it run the prime routine during the resume process. Pause is fairly straightforward as it simply moves the current tool out of the way. But the default resume does this:
    Code:
    ; Resume macro file
    G1 R1 X0 Y0 Z2 F5000 ; go to 5mm above position of the last print move
    G1 R1 X0 Y0 Z0 ; go back to the last print move
    M83 ; relative extruder moves
    G1 E3 F3600 ; extrude 3mm of filament

Which is terrible because it introduces artifacts into the print. Instead of simply extruding 3mm of filament how can I get it to prime/wipe based on the current tool number. I have V6s and a Volcano and as a result, I have 2 different prime scripts (with different height wipers of course). I was trying to figure out how tpre/tpost/tfree are selected since they obviously are configured on a per tool basis. Seems like this might be embedded in the board logic though, not in gcode I can view or control?

#1 mak3r, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  2. Joe Pomo

Joe Pomo Well-Known Member

Hoepfully I'm not misunderstanding, but it sounds like you need to be able to run a nested prime macro during your resume, but that macro would need to be specific to the tool you are using (V6 or Volcano)? You may be able to use RRF's conditional gcode for this, but I'm not sure of the specifics; e.g. if T0 is active, then run macro prime_T0.g

There might be a simpler way, but I haven't thought deeply enough about it. Maybe you could try the Duet forums too.

3. mak3r

mak3r Member

Yeah, that would work. I haven't quite gotten the feel for conditionals in gcode - it will need some real patience in testing. Ideally I'd love to see a gcode simulator specific to the hardware. Then I'd feel a lot more comfortable putting branching macros into my scripts. At least then I could do consistent and regular unit and integration testing.

I will check out the duet forums and RRF docs.

Thanks

4. Joe Pomo

Joe Pomo Well-Known Member

For sure. Here is a write-up I found on the Duet forum a while ago. It might be useful.

Attached Files: