Position of auto level sensor

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Theo Michel, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Theo Michel

Theo Michel Member

After my Flashing Firmware adventure I once again tried to print the Benchy.
    When I try to Auto Level the bed the nozzle is trying to go thru the glass plate!! (quickly turned of the power)
    I also noticed the second time that the position of the sensor when it goes to the left side is outside the bed. So it can't measure I think
    Can those positions be set anywhere
    I

2. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Well-Known Member

Sounds like your homing is messed up. Have you tested X and Y homing a verified both are working?

3. Theo Michel

Theo Michel Member

Yes.... homing is working ....

4. Bluemalu

Bluemalu Well-Known Member

I believe there is a version of the BigBox that homes X and Y via the micro switches at 0,0 and then moves the head into the centre of the bed to home the Z axis. All I can say is it isn't the V1.0 Dual. Not sure if that's any help for you though.

Have you tried to trigger the Z axis manually (there is a red LED that illuminates when something detected.

5. jhample

jhample Member

If you just flashed it, make sure that the values for the sensor offset are set.

Configuration.h
    #define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -65 // BigBox | -25 for Dual, -65 for Pro // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]

6. Theo Michel

Theo Michel Member

I have uploaded the original .hex file with Xloader and all is what it was when I first started BB.
    But what still remains is the "Thermal Runaway" everytime . People at E3D support will have a look on that.
    So I wait.