Printer recommendation?

Discussion in 'Multi-Extrusion' started by davechen, May 22, 2014.

1. davechen

davechen New Member

I work for a research lab, and we're very interested in the Kraken and buying a 3d printer for it. What printers would you recommend? Our preference would be for a full assembled machine rather than a kit, since that'd be less work for us. What printers would the Kraken work in?

Several of our collaborators have the Airwolf XL. Those don't look particularly sturdy, though. How hard would it be to install a Kraken into that printer?

I appreciate any insight or advice.

2. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

Have you taken a look at the Rostock Max V2 from SeeMeCNC.com
    It is a kit but it has one of the largest build areas of any printer including many costing thousands more.

3. Josh

Josh Administrator
    Staff Member

I would strongly recommend choosing a Mendel 90. There is already a mount that has been designed by Tony Locke over at Think3DPrint3D (http://blog.think3dprint3d.com/2014/01/ ... raken.html) which you can use to mount The Kraken.

Mendel90's are really sturdy machines and very easy to work with, as someone that prints with them all day every day, I would not recommend anything else!

Cheers,
    Josh

4. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

The Mendel 90 looks like it would work fine with the Kraken and I like the fact that it has already been tried and tested.