Printing slow with E3D V6 results in a clog

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Mikkel, May 30, 2016.

1. Mikkel

Mikkel Member

I have a genuine E3D V6 Hotend for bowden tube and 1.75 mm filament, puchased from reprap.me. It has been working fine, but I have now started experiencing a weird issue. The hotend seems to clog, when printing slow. Whenever I get below ~20-30 mm/s, the hotend builds up a clog. It can easily be cleaned out by removing the filament, cutting the end sharp and pressing it through again. But the clog builds up quickly again as soon as I print slow.

I am printing with Devils Design PLA filament, and I have attempted a broad range of temperatures from 185 C to 210 C - all with the same result.

I have even disassembled the hotend completely and cleaned everything out. Still the same result.

I hope you can help me out with some ideas of where the issue may be?

2. Mikkel

Mikkel Member

A piece of filament withdrawn when the nozzle clogged. 2016-05-27 22.23.05.jpg

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Generally clogging like that is caused by poorly blended media. Too much of the colorant accumulates in the nozzle and causes jamming over time.

I'd try a different brand.

mike01hu likes this.