Problem fitting E3D to Wade's....

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by alien2108, May 8, 2014.

1. alien2108

alien2108 Member

Hey all!

I am just upgrading on my new Prusa i3 from a 3DMPTECH extruder to E3D and have a problem with fixing it to Wade's Hinged design. I can normally push it in, since it is 16mm, but when fixing it with screws those screws do not tightly fit around heatsink as they did on the old one. I do wonder, since this should be like "standard" or? What to do? Print new Wade's Hinged Head? A pic of what I mean (I marked it with arrows):

Any ideas how to mount that properly? Maybe use some kapton tape around the Neck of heatsink to make it wider, at least to print new hinged extruder (suggestion which works?)?

Attached Files:

2. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

The Kapton tape is a good idea. What others have done is place a thin washer on the top of the hotend forcing the groove down
    a little. I hope this helps.

3. alien2108

alien2108 Member

Thnx! That with washer is a good idea indeed! Since grove will then be lower and screws will probably hold better! Will try and report back!

4. alien2108

alien2108 Member

Thank you, one spacer did the job perfectly :) E3D is SO MUCH BETTER than the old one, that I almost can't believe it! :)

5. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

Glad that it worked out for you.
    The E3D has always been great and with the new versions they will be wonderful!