Problems with (all) motors

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by fpex, May 18, 2016.

1. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

I finally slowly got to the commissioning part of the construction. However before going ahead i turned on and wanted to check that all wires are well connected.
    Unfortunately i have noticed that if i try to move the axis, the motor moves in one direction and not the other, while the extruder do not move (but maybe because temp is too low).
    Any idea what is going on? I glanced at commissioning and it looks like it assumes I can use the LCD controls to do it, but it will be impossible if I do not understand what my problem is.

For reference, I have a hybrid titan dual (modified, but this should to matter as electronics is the same).

2. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Well-Known Member

Not sure from your description but that may be because its not been homed. It probably assumes the position it powers up in is home and thus you can only move one way from there.

3. elmoret

elmoret Administrator

Endstops may be miswired?

4. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

Maybe homing, I guess I will go on and see once I add the z rods.
    The end stop work well (I modified both for the better :))
    I thought maybe I did not set the driver well, but I used the values from the manual.

5. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

The extrudes will only move when the temperature of the hot-ends is at least at 160°C (if I recall correctly).

6. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

It is easy to misalign the motor connectors when plugging in to the Rumba and this can have strange effects on the motors, so check that.

7. Chase.Wichert

Chase.Wichert Well-Known Member

Also make sure the endstops aren't being triggered and are wired correctly, if those are falsely being triggered you will only be able to move in one direction and not the other, if they are wired correctly it may be in the firmware that they need to be reversed (probably not likely as i am sure you downloaded a proven firmware version)

Edit:
    I just saw that Elmoret had this suggestion above.

8. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I will check wiring of motors and end stops ... Once I get the time.

9. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

170° C

10. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

It homes well .... so all end stops are fine. But it still does not move well in one direction on all three axis.

11. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

I think you can override this and cold extrude if you're just testing. Someone mentioned the GCODE at some point, but I don't recall it.

12. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

13. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

So after it is homed you can move the axis by lcd in the + direction on all 3 axis like X10 Y10 Z10 but not any back to 0?
    ... default question do you have OctoPi? Connected, Configured?
    Because a connect Pi without the Octopi SDcard image and not configured OctoPrint can lead to strange behaviour of the printer.

14. fpex

fpex Well-Known Member

Actually It is all my fault .... after homing all worked, but I just forgot that my rumba does not have the correct hybrid firmware and it never managed to home Z!!