Problems with new e3d jamming on entry.

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by CptanPanic, May 26, 2014.

1. CptanPanic

CptanPanic Member

So my problem is although the hotend itself isn't jamming inside, but the filament gets jammed up entering the hotend. Not sure what the problem is there, but one thing I notice is the heatsink is kind of hot (55C in 30C ambient), and am not sure the fan is working correctly. A lot of reviews I read about the v5 mentioned a loud 30mm fan, but the fan I got is silent, and doesn't blow very much. Does this sound like I got a bum fan? Any ideas on the filament entry jam? I am using ABS with default .4 nozzle, on a Prusa i3.

2. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

I don't mean to insult you but do you have the fan tied directly to 12V?

3. CptanPanic

CptanPanic Member

Yes fan is tied to input 12v of ramps board.

4. Josh

Josh Administrator
    Staff Member

The fans are not as loud now we have moved to the 7-blade models however with that said, your HeatSink does sound like it is a little warm, it should not be noticeably above ambient temperature. You should still be able to feel the airflow at least 100mm away. If you can't then there could well be a problem with your fan and we will look into replacing it for you.

Have you tried doing a cold-pull on your HotEnd to clear anything that may be stuck in the hot side?