Problems with Pt100 from Chimera

Discussion in 'Multi-Extrusion' started by Takato, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Takato

Takato Member

I bougth Chimera extruder for upgrading my prusa i3. Howeber, after changing Marlin code I can't work with printer due to Pt100 are failing.

I conected them to the amplifier board and on my screen I got that printer halted because the temperature was too high. After throwing away the idea of a failure of the amplifier, I measured the value from Pt100, both were arround 170 and 130 kohms respectively. Obviously, it is a very high value for a Pt100 resistor at room temperature.

What can I do? I haven't used them yet along with the heater cartridges and I have only placed them.

2. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

If you ordered a PT100 you probably got the wrong cartridge. Sounds like you have the 100k NTC thermistor.

Takato likes this.
  3. Takato

Takato Member

Yes, it seems that they have sent me the 100k NTC thermistor (they could have indicated the one that they usually send, because now I have two nice useless amplifier boards for Pt100).
    Howeber, I still have this problem. As you can see, there is a 6 degrees diference, which is a too high error for this purpouse. I think one of the thermistors is not working.

IMG_1140.JPG

4. David Kennedy

David Kennedy Member

Hello Takato.
    I don't know if you have solved this issue or not. I'm currently using the pt100 sensor on two printers. The leads to the sensors are different lengths. The pt100 sensor has longer leads than the thermistor. I had accuracy issues when I first installed but all my accuracy issues were solved after I plugged the pt100 sensor directly into the amplifier board. Don't use the supplied wiring extension between the sensor and thr amplifier board. Hope this helps

5. Takato

Takato Member

Yes, the problem was solved some time ago. e3d sent me a pair of two new 100k thermistors and everything was solved. I'm sorry for not saying the problem was solved.