IDEAS PT 100 with a Volcano using Repetier?

Discussion in 'Guides, Mods, and Upgrades' started by Raveling, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Raveling

Raveling Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm completely new to 3d printing, but I've done some homework and printed some nylon parts, so I'm still a newbie.

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this. Mods, if it isn't please move it or notify me as to where I should post this, thanks.

I'm in the process of upgrading my He3d K200 to the Volcano. After learning that polycarbonate ( which I'd like the option of printing ) requires at least 265 C but prefers about 300 C, I'm thinking about using the PT 100 sensor and amp, BUT it appears to require Marlin to operate, is that correct?

Is there any way for me to use amp and PT 200 with my existing Repetier firmware?

I searched for how to migrate from Repetier to Marlin, but all the results went the other way, it appears no-one or few would ever choose to migrate to Marlin from Repetier.

Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

Tim

2. jfb

jfb Well-Known Member

3. Stian Indal Haugseth

Stian Indal Haugseth Well-Known Member

I used PT100 with both Repetier and Marlin on a Rumba board.

So regarding the firmware this is fully doable. I'm going an a vacation tonight so I can not help you with the config. But You should be alright using the online configurator. I only used Repetier development.