Ptfe tube dilemma

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by cez, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Like it. That would be a nice piece to have. Seems like something that could have been made in Delrin and included with the Titan (nudge nudge, wink wink)

mike01hu and Miasmictruth like this.
  2. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

I just assembled the FR4 CNC Mill which has a bunch of brass nuts, that you solder onto the FR4 board, and it worked great. Just put some flux on the nuts first (as they sometimes have a fine sheen of machine oil or something from shipping)

3. Miasmictruth

Miasmictruth Well-Known Member

Thanks

Interesting machine, I had read once upon a time that using a mill on a pcb was difficult as it chews up the tiny bits rather quick, and you have to continually adjust your Z. Have you used this yet? How does it overcome the bits wearing away?

Making PCB's was my original intention for my laser though I have not actually attempted to make one yet. I was going to etch off paint to expose the copper, remove the copper chemically, then remove the paint. Doesn't solve the through hole issue though.

4. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

No, unfortunately I have been on-call since finishing the build, as well as needing to do an urgent design for a friend for a big meeting that has been quite challenging to print, so haven't gotten a chance. Hope to this week?

5. W1EBR.Gene

W1EBR.Gene Well-Known Member

Brass is soft enough that a nail punch can also be used to slightly flare the end of a small brass tube.