question on belt routing

Discussion in 'Motion System' started by RadTech Solution's, Mar 28, 2020.

1. RadTech Solution's

First just want to say how impressed I am on the design of the Tool changer motion system that E3D have come out with. !! Great job guys and thanks so much for keeping it open source.

I just have a question about the belt path. when I check the path of the motion system in CAD everything lines up except for the belts going to the part labeled "MS x- belt plate v1.6" that is attached to the gantry head and faces the rear of the printer - the GT2 belt going to the plate from the toothed pulley appears to intersect the plate by .64mm instead of flush to the back of the plate as it is on the plate that faces the front of the machine. I am just curious as to why that is and if I am missing something? as belt alignment in a CoreXY setup is critical to square and accurate measurement wise prints? would this not throw out that alignment ? even if it is only a tinny amount but would compound depending on where the head was relative to the build volume.

One more question about the belt tensioner's. As they are a lever design and move in a circle would that not throw off belt alignment as well depending on how far they are tensioned by perhaps someone not knowing?

Please understand that these questions are not criticisms i am merely just trying to understand from a engineering perspective on CoreXY design belt paths and setup.

Hopefully Greg can chime in on this. Thanks so much for your time.

2. RadTech Solution's

Nobody? any thoughts on this ? Greg ?