Question regarding filament

Discussion in 'Filament' started by Ray, May 10, 2016.

1. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

They need to put the charts like Taulman3D does for their filaments.

mike01hu likes this.
  2. R Design

R Design Well-Known Member

That's pretty radical.

An unofficial datasheet for Edge.

The density, flexural modulus and yield numbers look more like AM1800 (Colorfabb XT) than AM3300 (ColorFabb nGen)

Which I'll admit is not what I was guessing based on the printing characteristics (temperatures, ease of printing....).

Eager for more information!

Really all materials should come with datasheets. Otherwise we look like mugs buying coloured sugar water...

mike01hu likes this.
  3. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

For me it is critical when I am doing work stuff. Since much of my work will need to undergo FDA certification, showing that it was made in a FDA certified plastic really helps during the commercialization steps (and the patent process); it's not a generic nylon, "it is that specific nylon which we tested with and you can make the part out of directly". That is one of the reasons I have been using the Taulman Nylon 910 rather than an Amphora for work (my hybrid carriage is XT). While Amphora itself does have FDA certification, colorfabb does not offer FDA origin certs for a given spool. This stuff matters to our tech transfer folks.

4. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

@Sanjay is the materials man at E3D and I would hope that he picks up on this as a request that needs early attention; after all, we are the customers and E3D needs the profits from the sales!