R6 Hybrid Titan Dual MBL Mirrored home position

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by richgain, Aug 12, 2016.

1. richgain

richgain Well-Known Member

I've just finished converting my Kickstarter BigBox Pro 1.0 to a Hybrid Titan Dual configuration with the IR sensor moved to the left side of the bed. I have successfully flashed Alex's R6 Hybrid Titan Dual Mirrored firmware and wired up the two heads to match. I have also downloaded and imported the corresponding profile for S3D. So far so good. Now I have two issues I need to ask for your help with.
    1. I have gone through the MBL process but now, when I home, the nozzle ends up at 30, 30, 0, almost touching the glass. Is this correct? If not, how do I get it to home higher?
    2. My first attempt at a dual print (using S3D's Dual Print wizard) ended up with nozzle 2 printing in roughly the right place, but nozzle 1 printing with a right shift of 38 mm. Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

2. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

1. yes seems fine... you can't get it to home with a night offset. You could increase the clearing height before homing but not the rest position after homing...

2. Sounds like the offset was not set. What does you start script look like?

3. richgain

1. OK, thanks. And I assume I should use the Bed Z setting for fine adjustment after the print has started - otherwise it doesn't seem to have any effect.
    2. As far as I know, it's using the one in your profile:
    startingGcode,;BigBox Hybrid-Dual Mirrored Start Script Begin,;relies on M83 (use relative extrusion distances),,;home,T0 ; select extruder 0,G28,,M117 Preparing,M190 S50 ; wait for bed to reach 50C,M140 S[bed0_temperature] ; set bed temperature,M104 S[extruder0_temperature] T0; set extruder 0 temperature,M104 S[extruder1_temperature] T1; set extruder 1 temperature,,;set values,;M92 E417.5 ; adjust steps per mm for your filament,M218 T1 X-38 Y0 ; set extruder 1 offset,,; lift the head,G91 ; relative positioning,G1 Z5 F360 ; move Z axis by 5mm,G90 ; absolute positioning,,;move to dock,T0 ; select extruder 0,G1 X100 Y200 F3000 ; move to position in front of dock,G1 X100 Y235 F3000 ; move into dock,,;heat bed,M190 S[bed0_temperature] ; wait for bed temperature,,;heat extruder 0,T0 ; select extruder 0,M109 S[extruder0_temperature] ; set extruder 0 temperature and wait,,;heat extruder 1,T1 ; select extruder 1,M109 S[extruder1_temperature] ; set extruder 1 temperature and wait,,;move out of dock,T0 ; select extruder 0,G1 X110 Y235 F3000 ; move a little in dock,G1 X110 Y200 F3000 ; move out of dock,,M117 Print starting,,;BigBox Hybrid-Dual Mirrored Start Script End

Please bear in mind that I've never had a dual extrusion printer before so I could easily be doing something wrong.

4. richgain

Second attempt was a lot more successful. I repeated the MBL process and made a better job of it this time, including remembering to store the results to memory. I re-sliced in Simplify 3D and tried another print.
    The sight that greeted me the next morning was a bit of a rat's nest of tangled filament, but after peeling that away there was a rather lovely dual extrusion print inside. Not bad for a first print after the upgrade.
    [​IMG]
    .[​IMG]