Random files won't start.

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Crashbombs, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Crashbombs

Crashbombs Well-Known Member

So I have made a 20mm cube in Autodesk Inventor, then I saved it as an STL and imported it to S3D. I slice it with S3D, load it to an SD card, put it in the print hit start, and nothing happens.

I have done the same procedure with other files and it works just fine. I haven't changed profiles or used any different setting, I have only changed the model. Keep in mind I am a newbie at this and have only been printing for 2 days now, so it might be something stupid, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Chase.Wichert

Chase.Wichert Well-Known Member

Can you open your .gcode file for the 20mm cube in notepad and paste it here?

3. Crashbombs

I've programmed in a few langues and it never occurred to me to do that. The script is too long for the forum but I uploaded the file as a txt.

Attached Files:

4. Chase.Wichert

Have you tried homing your box and then try printing?

5. Crashbombs

Ya I home and auto level before each print. It is literally just this box I can't get to print. I've printed a bunch of stuff now so it makes no sense to me.

6. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Do you have OctoPrint upgrade and connected so you can see the terminal log?
    Maybe the SD filesystem is damaged.
    Could be worth a try to reformat it FAT32.
    Also it happened to me that I pulled the card to early four of the PC and the file was not written properly. But only occurred to me on really big files.
    It is recommended to NOT just pull the SD card but eject it properly...

7. Crashbombs

I have been safe ejecting the SD card, and I do not have octoprint. I am currently printing something with 3hours left so I will try formatting the card after that. Thanks!

8. Chase.Wichert

Come to think of it, I had prints start in the middle of the print, it was corrupted, some of them worked and some of them just lost the first half of the code.

9. Crashbombs

Ok so I changed the file name from 20mmCube, to Cube20mm and it worked. I have no idea why that would make a difference.