Raspberry Pi/Octoprint suddenly funky

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Henry feldman, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

So came home from work today, prints had finished, but couldn't get to octoprint. Noticed that it no longer answered to bigbox.local (e.g. it's IP zeroconf name) and I could only get to it via IP address. Even weirder, everything I have ever printed now suddenly shows up in the list of files (old successes are green) which it never did before. WTF is this? Did a new version suddenly come out? I am running 1.2.11. Things are strange. Video streaming isn't working. I can spool a job. And yes I rebooted.

2. Ephemeris

Ephemeris Well-Known Member

Funny, I just noticed the green successes last night. Sure seems like this is recent. Did I configure it to auto-accept updates? Hm... Must check.

3. Mark_T

Mark_T Well-Known Member

1.2.11 is about a month old now, but I recall reading that they prompt people to update in batches...

4. Henry feldman

AH, now solved. There was some library incompatibility between the newest update of octoprint and Raspian. Did a apt-get upgrade, rebooted and all is now well...

5. Henry feldman

Nope wasn't totally solved. Now better. Apparently my octopi.txt went bye-bye... Very weird. Now we have video again.

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

What method did you use to change the hostname if you don't mind :)

7. Henry feldman

I gave it a hostname on first boot. It was working great for months, then suddenly freaked out once the autoupdate happened. Some very strange file damage (as above) which I can't explain. Still doesn't answer to bigbox.local from other machines, but it knows that it is bigbox.local (e.g. it can ssh and ping itself via that zeroconf name)