RC3 is sooooo buggy

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Steven, May 31, 2016.

1. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

I cant even get consistent results!
    I level the bed. 9 point Mesh.
    I calibrate the extruder... a second time it produces different results.

I hit auto home, set the temps, start a new benchy. I go to change the temp of the bed... FLOW comes up, WTF does FLOW have to do with bed temp? Same if I try to modify the nozzle temp during a print.

I try another benchy. The head thinks its center is about 30mm from the edge. I let it print anyway since I've been having a Bith of a time getting the PLA to stick in the actual center. It gets to about 4mm high and I get thermal runaway... more like THERMAL CRASH! 230c set drops to 215. WHY? The head is wrapped in kapton. Didn't have this issue with the previous spool of white PLA. this is translucent PLA (says 230c on label).

Will RC6 fix any of this?

2. Rob Heinzonly

Rob Heinzonly Well-Known Member

The thermal runaway is a 'normal' thing, and this forum is filled with thermal runaway issues. The issue is (most of the thimes) caused by the standard slice of the benchy that we got from E3D. If you want to know why and how, search this forum. Simply lower the fan speed when you hear the fans speed up (at 4mm high) and that problem is solved.

RC6 will solve a lot of things, but not thermal runaways.

3. Steven

Steven Well-Known Member

for some reason I cannot find a RC6 download. Please point me to it.

4. Richard Barbosa

Richard Barbosa Well-Known Member

Github, if you want to compile yourself (https://github.com/Alex9779/Marlin, look at the branches, there are several for different setups) or the build server (https://jenkins.alitecs.de) if you just want to have a precompiled file to flash. It's up to RC6

#4 Richard Barbosa, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    eca likes this.
  5. srd

srd Member

Hmm, looking at the branches... if I have a Pro non-Titan, will I be able to use any of the two Pro branches?
    Also, does anyone know when/if a new official firmware will be published?

6. TimV

TimV Well-Known Member

RC8???
    OMG must be landed in that parallel universe where bb8 became president because he was the only one not sells any BS.

7. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah you can, "Titan" just means that the E steps are default for the Titan, you gotta change with the LCD.

@Greg Holloway set up the repo on Github. No idea when he is finished. But I assume he will make an announcement.

Typo I think, RC6 is the most recent "some kinda stable" release.

8. srd

srd Member

Ah, ok. So if I determined the E-Steps for a given filament with the calibration method described in the build manual, I'll just change the value back to this after flashing, right?

9. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yup just change to the value you have...