RC6 and having trouble finding mesh levelling

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Proto_BB, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Proto_BB

Proto_BB Well-Known Member

I'm commissioning my BigBox 1.1 dual hybrid which shipped with RC6. The Printer Commissioning section states that for dual hybrid one should mesh level. I follow the steps in the manual:

Via the Prepare menu, select Level Bed.
    The BigBox will home X, Y & Z and then move to a position approximately X10, Y10.

Instead of stopping at X10, Y10, it traverses around the bed with the IR flickering and stops near the rear right corner X289, Y184. Exactly the same as shown in the auto-bed leveling.

How do I select the mesh leveling from the menu?

2. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

The official firmware uses the auto leveling for both the pro and dual hybrid. If you want to use mesh leveling you'll have to update with one of Alex's firmware builds. I believe this is the correct one for the dual hybrid, hopefully Alex will be along to correct me if it's not :)

There is a guide here to various means of flashing the firmware.

3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

You linked the official build from my build server, BigBox/Dual/RC_Hybrid_Titan_MBL is the correct one.

We have a firmware flashing guide in the Wiki now: http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/BigBox_Firmware_Flashing_Guide

4. Sarah Nicholson

Sarah Nicholson Well-Known Member

5. Proto_BB

Proto_BB Well-Known Member

Thanks Sarah. It's a bit of an *ugh*.. I don't really want to update firmware just quite yet. I figure I get a print out of it and then fiddle with firmware. So auto-bed leveling it is for the moment. It's a shame this is not spelt out in the manual. I can anticipate a lot of duplicate questions coming to the forum.