Recent E3D order, missing item

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Ray, May 9, 2016.

1. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

I have just received my BigBox Dual Titan upgrade however there was something missing....

No Haribo sweets, whats going on!!!!!!

Mike Kelly likes this.
  2. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

WHAT ?????? Seriously? Demand a refund ! Boycott e3d until you get recompense... Start an on-line petition, get 100,000 signatures so it will be debated in parliament !

Mike Kelly likes this.
  3. Paul Seccombe

Paul Seccombe Well-Known Member

Mine were missing too.....I "complained" on G+

4. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

5 week shipping delay??? :eek:

5. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

I see their latest tweet was:

Lost! One much-beloved packing scoop is out there somewhere, in an E3D parcel! Are YOU the lucky recipient? ​

I guess this could explain the missing Haribos? they didn't have the scoop to put the Haribos into the parcels?

6. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Well-Known Member

I didn't get the haribo I ordered last week, just the complimentary 3D printer filament they insist on sending with it......

Pierce and Old_Tafr like this.
  7. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Bummer. I bet it didn't taste very good.

8. Dr Jeep

I mentioned it before but haribo filament is the future, come on Sanjay, let me print in tangfastic !

9. Ualdayan

Ualdayan Member

- If he can print with sugar/isomalt, why not sugary gelatin in bear shape right?

10. GrodanB

GrodanB Well-Known Member

Large likes this.
  11. Old_Tafr

Bad news Ray ! My Titan upgrade arrived this morning with TWO bags of Haribo sweets...... They must have put yours in the wrong box :confused:

12. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

All I can think is that they must have re-printed or purchased a new Haribo scoop and so are now able to put Haribos in with shipped products.....

13. nemith

nemith Member

I got my gummies. What i am missing is any fasteners to actually put the thing together :(

14. Old_Tafr

Loose in the larger box containing the two Titan boxes is

ptfe tube, couple of feet long
    cable clips (short)
    length of toothed belt
    bag containing
    two "O" rings
    three tiny hex nuts
    thin strip say 1 cm by 6 cm like the original wiper but thinner (and red, ish ! )
    Each of the two Titan boxes contains

A motor
    Titan frame assembly with large cog + front cover
    Arm that pivots on motor shaft
    short ptfe tube 10 cm ish
    One bags of bits with (Extruder kit)
    screws
    spring
    allen keys
    One bag of bits (no label)
    Bowden clip and body
    cog (grub screw is in above bag)
    2 plastic inserts that guide filament
    Gummies were there too :)

(But as pointed out below no motor cable for the Bowden motor)
    ------------------------------------------------

I just received the printed part for my Titan upgrade........... will list them shortly, unless it has already been done? (I did get TWO cables.. a motor one and a 3-way 8 to 3 to 3 connector I have yet to investigate. )

#14 Old_Tafr, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  15. nemith

nemith Member

Did you get cables for the stepper motor and the PT100?

Old_Tafr likes this.
  16. Old_Tafr

Nope.

There was a "short" extra motor cable with the original kit. (probably a mistake) BUT, too short even to go from the Rumba to the Bowden motor. But at least it has connectors on both ends so easy to solder in some extra length ............ and I can see myself having to drill a hole in the frame to feed it through to save removing the whole base.

OR as I didn't add all the fixings to hold the base together, I could slip the wires through one of these holes and then solder them. This could be a solution if anyone does not want to remove the base.

What I do need to know is, is this cable to the Bowden motor connected to one of the unused connections on the Rumba?..... (I know RTFM, but I just thought of this)

What I meant about an additional connection for the Titan Bowden motor was an additional one on top of the two already used. But I guess the Bowden motor is connected to the second (right hand) extruder motor connection.

#16 Old_Tafr, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  17. nemith

nemith Member

I guess i should clarify. I am going Pro to Dual Hybrid. So I got another stepper driver for extruder two. If you are coming from the Dual already you would be fine. But if you are going to Pro to Dual then yeah.

I could make my own cable as well, but it bums me out that it just wasn't included in the kit.

18. Dr Jeep

I was going to order a Pro to Dual Hybrid kit, but by the sounds of it, given I don't need it right now I should wait until the QA has stabilised somewhat...because I am not using it right away there is an even higher chance I won't notice something is missing.

mike01hu likes this.
  19. Old_Tafr

You may also find that you can print your own parts too......... if only you can find out which !

I had been told I needed to print just one part (the upper) but I'm fairly certain that the upper (to mount the Titan direct (geared) motor ) and the lower X-carriage printed part are both needed.

PLUS One side (not sure if front or back) of the lower Titan (hybrid?) X-Carriage printed part has a much longer section for the bearing on the X smooth rods, which means that the cap that fits over the rod to clamp the rod to the printed part must be different. This means that you can't re-use the existing cap. So if you are relying on printing your own parts you are stuffed if you can't re-use the existing parts.

This is for the dual 1.0 upgrading to the dual Titan. I have no idea if this all applies to say a "Pro" to Dual Titan, etc.

20. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

You need all the carriage parts for the upgrade on the dual and you can print them but for £10 I couldn't be bothered. I have completed the build and am happy with the results but I did modify the cable routing to the hotends to gain as much X-travel as possible and have achieved 297mm! You can see my results in the "Show off" section. I also regrouped the cables in the braided sleeves to allow me to accommodate plug and socketing the cables at a later date but I will be doing this local to the X-carriage rather than at the back like Alex did.