Refund possible?

Discussion in 'General' started by Peter, May 22, 2016.

1. Peter

Peter Member

Hi, I just checked in as I've not heard a single beep since I did my titan order (which I thought were a sign that this printer would finally ship.., but no). I've read the update post on the forum, and ok... so I'm probably looking at July shipment, as my order was in March. I can't wait that long though, this purchase was made for my studio and (due to my idiotic lack of research), I ordered a bigbox as I thought it was on the market already after having seen some reviews and yt videos about it. Felt really silly when I realized it was still on kickstarter! Anyway, I emailed E3d and was told 8 weeks shipping time. Ugh, but alright.. mea culpa... I'll wait.

Since it's now most likely July for me, I would like to know if there is a posibility to get a refund on the pre-order? Nothing against E3d and their products, own one of their hot ends and it's the best I have.. and I'm sure the bogbox will be awesome... however I can't wait another two months and need a printer now for upcoming jobs. Possible?

Peter.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. Peter

Peter Member

Hi, thanks Mike. I will email them and see how it goes. As I mentioned, nothing bad towards E3d and their products, top notch stuff... and I understand a kickstarter can be plagued by delays and other unforseen matters. But my team just need a new 3D printer asap, can't wait any longer... and since we're in Asia.. add another 3 to 4 weeks of shipping ontop of it all. ;)

Cheers,

Peter.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

E3D ships so much I'm pretty sure they have 1 day shipping to anywhere in the world. Unless you're very remote I would imagine that's true for you too.

5. tohara

tohara Well-Known Member

My bigbox arrived in asia 2 days after shipping.

6. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Just to clear up, the BigBox is now a production item and no longer subject to KickStarter rules. E3D are in the process of expanding their facilities but the BigBox arm is in full operation with new staff as well.