Release of BigBox design; posting screens, parts and stuff in public?

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by Alex9779, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

@Greg Holloway is there a schedule when to release the BigBox files to the public finally?

In some of the discussion I really want to post some screens or animations taken from the CAD files or from the assemblies I created in SolidWorks based on exports from 123D or some altered parts like I did for my hotend swapping solution using no zip ties anymore but velcro strips.

But I do not want to step ahead and post something which isn't officially released so I did this all in private for the moment.

Or can you say that it is ok for you that I do at least post screens to make some things a bit clearer? Hard to describe everything by words, for me a non-native english speaker even more and I was not yet so into engineering vocabulary that I know all the words...

2. Greg Holloway

Greg Holloway Administrator
    Staff Member

When the last KS kit ships we'll release the files. We are down to 30 kits to ship as of this morning.

You're fine to post images and animations, that's no problem. You can even go so far as to publish the odd modified part for other BigBox owners to use.

Really all we want to avoid in the release of the full set of BigBox plans to the public before we have fulfilled our promise to all the Kickstarter Backers.

Chris Toast, JohnEsc and Steve W like this.
  3. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

@TstarkEngineering do not hijack this thread because Greg told something about how many boxes are open for delivery! :D
    I knew this will happen....

4. TstarkEngineering

TstarkEngineering Well-Known Member

there I deleted my post then...at the same time this has been asked numerous numerous times....

5. Alex9779

Alex9779 Moderator
    Staff Member

Was no offense, just kidding...

6. mike01hu

mike01hu Well-Known Member

Alex, I almost held back from cheering at Greg's remark.:D