Reload Firmware??

Discussion in 'Build Help' started by Jim, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Jim

Jim Member

I finally have my big box up and, after a lot of work, in tram.

I now have an issue with setting the z offset. I might (probably) have screwed it up along the way, but I no longer see the "Z Offset" in Marlin.

In addition while trying to grease my Z threads I can only get the build platform to move about 1/2 way down. It still reads that it has moved 280 mm but is not sticking or anything, just a deliberate stop.

I am kind of thinking the firmware is goofed up at this point and I need to reinstall it.

Any Suggestions?

2. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

In the build instructions I think there is mention of it getting the zero position wrong and of new firmware.

3. Jim

Jim Member

I cannot seem to find the reloading firmware instructions in the build manual, Can you point me to what you are seeing? Thx

4. Old_Tafr

Old_Tafr Well-Known Member

I didn't do this and my Z axis sometimes does odd things, the ref is here in the WiKi.....

http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/Printer_Commissioning

Section..

"Tightening the HotEnd"

"Note: There is a firmware bug which causes the bed to change height and reset to 0, please refer to the forum for support | forum.e3d-online.com"

Please let me know if this solves the problem :)

5. Kick2box

Kick2box Well-Known Member

6. Jim

Jim Member

Thanks for the help guys. I have a dual so I am missing the Z offset line in the firmware (thanks Greg), the crashing into the glass and the bed not lowering to the full 280 had me stumped. Turns it was a combination of things. I did the bed leveling again and the head no longer crashes into the glass, and I understand the 280 resetting to 180 is a Marlin bug so I think I am good to go with that understanding.

I have final calibration for the extruders and we will see how it goes.

Thanks again for the help.