Replaying Octoprint timelapses

Discussion in 'Calibration, Help, and Troubleshooting' started by Kingdom48, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Kingdom48

Kingdom48 Member

I have just got my BB and everything is working wonderfully. I have printed dragons for the grandchildren and made a time lapse to show them. Unfortunately I can't find anything that will replay the .mpg files Octoprint has produced. Can tell me how to play them please.

2. Henry feldman

Henry feldman Well-Known Member

What type of computer are you using? On the Mac quicktime player can certainly play mpeg files and on windows, windows medial player should be able to. If for some reason you are either on some other platform (like linux) or just want to use a different program you can also use VLC.

Mike Kelly likes this.
  3. Kingdom48

Kingdom48 Member

Hi Henry Thanks for the reply. I am using Windows 10 on a fairly new machine. I have tried both Windows Media player and Quicktime and both complain that the file is not a form that they can understand. The file is .mpg and not mpeg as I had assumed.

4. Kingdom48

Kingdom48 Member

Hi Henry I have now downloaded VLC and it plays the files. Thank you very much for your help.