Request manuel update!

Discussion in 'BigBox General Chat' started by George Dossett, Mar 16, 2016.

1. George Dossett

under
    Base Assembly

Microbarb Brass Inserts

I did not drill in to the photos as it was not needed until now and installed the wrong microbarb in the Pi location.

can you put bag number and Microbarb needed under "Fitment pattern for the Feet." text i am working with some one and they would have done the same thing.

if you move down to the "Feet" its tells you there but that is on another page and i did not see it.

It would be nice to high light the fact that you will be using 3 different Microbarbs.

One for the Pi one for the DC/DC converter and feet-all other parts.

2. Tetrikus

Tetrikus Well-Known Member

I think, the manual could in general be improved by making sure, the correct parts are used. I've worked on building mine for 5 hours now and several times I was not totally sure, whether I had the correct part in my hands or not. Looks like everything fits so far, but it is a bad feeling when you are not sure to do the right things.

But besides that, the manual is more then okay, I would recommend to read the whole manual first and start building after that.

3. George Dossett

Good call I did read most of it but with out parts I got lost. With all the parts on hand that what I would do now.

4. Spoon Unit

Spoon Unit Well-Known Member

Hi @George Dossett, It says:

Fitment pattern for the Feet.
    M3 Microbarbs (Bag 5)

Did you want it to say more?

I've added a note that there are 3 different barb sizes, and a note about the potential looseness of the 2.5 barbs.

5. Tetrikus

Tetrikus Well-Known Member

Here we go.. :D In the late building process, I noticed, that I used the wrong bearings for the X-Axis earlier. I looked at the different ones while I built it and thought it should be fine. The bearings are not labeled with the type, therefore it is a bit hard to catch the right ones. :) Fortunately it was relatively easy to change them later.