Rostock Max magnetic arm dual effector plate

Discussion in 'E3D-v6 and Lite6' started by Generic Default, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Generic Default

Here is a dual E3D hotend effector setup for use with magnetic arms on a Rostock Max. I've been running with this setup for several months now

There is also a top piece [shown in yellow] to adapt a non-bowden E3D for use with a bowden tube on delta type printers.

Download the attached ZIP file with the STLs in it. I recommend you print these parts at a very small layer height to make sure they come out dimensionally accurate.

Attached Files:

2. Josh

Josh Administrator
    Staff Member

Cool - enjoy the magnetic links should imagine that makes for nice and easy assembly / disassembly. I am currently in the process of rebuilding a very large delta-bot and need to decide on some new linkages, may give these a go.

I have updated the max upload size to 20MB which should be sufficient, if not then it may be best to just host on thingiverse.

3. Alex Borro

Alex Borro Member

Nice design!

Try compressing the STL file.. usually the compressed file has less than 50% of the original size.

4. Generic Default

Thanks for increasing the file size! I just put the attachments in the original post.

5. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Administrator

Thanks for posting this! I can put this to good use, once I get my magnetic arms made. :)
    So much to do with so little time!